Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Best Job in the World

David has a new used stroller, actually a jogging stroller with three large wheels that his mom bought on craigslist. It's a lot easier to push, especially uphill than the folding one with the small wheels, as well as a bit better for my posture as I don't bend over to push it. I don't imagine taking it on the bus, but since it's easier to push we can walk to some places like the library that we were going to by bus.

One thing I noticed though is he is so comfortable riding in it, and the seat back is a bit more inclined, that it seems to put him to sleep even before his regular nap time. On Friday his mom was getting home earlier and she wanted him to take his nap after she got home, so I had to keep him awake when he started dozing off. We were on our way home from the store, and I got him out of the stroller to help me push it for a block or so. This woke him up as well as giving him a bit of exercise. When we got home he watched Sesame Street before his lunch, then he played until his mom came home. It was a bit different from our usual schedule, when he's down for his nap for an hour or so before she gets home.

I think I have the best job in the world-- taking care of David!

Of course some other jobs might be more financially rewarding, or intellectually challenging, but being David's nanny is the most fun.

I had previously achieved my educational and vocational goals and received the fulfillment of living out my call in the ministry. I have experienced a measure of financial success and known security and though I suffered setbacks in my business as well as eventual losses during the recession I have been reminded that money isn't the most important thing in life. Having the chance to spend this time with my grandson is a great blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment